I love synesthesia because it's so powerful, it physically throw you into emotions succeeding to correlate its most visceral aspects to the most sublime ones. That's why it is my pleasure to draw your attention to this event joining painting and perfumery, even if it's far away from Italy.
Synesthesia Project is an exhibition curated by Miguel Matos, critic, fragrance expert and Fragrantica contributor who worked in dialog with the portuguese artist Gabriel Garcia letting him be inspired by the liquid emotion of various fragrances that have been impressed through colours on canvas.
To tease you, let me leave you with the fragrances proposed by Miguel:
- Aqua Motu, 1993 – Comptoir Sud Pacifique.
- Enchanted Forest, 2012 – Bertrand Duchaufour for The Vagabond Prince
- Habanita eau de parfum, 2012 – Molinard
- Heliotrope Blanc, 1850 – L.T. Piver
- Abril, 2015 – Miguel Matos for Alter Ego Artisanal Fragrance
- Nevermore, 2014 – Anne-Sophie Behaghel for Frapin
- Secretions Magnifiques, 2006 – Antoine Lie for Etat Libre d'Orange
- Tourmaline Noire, 2007 – Olivier Durbano
- Bandit, 1944 – Germaine Cellier for Robert Piguet
- Afternoon of a Faun, 2012 – Ralf Schwieger for Etat Libre d'Orange
- Coeur de Ténèbres, 2015 – Miguel Matos for Alter Ego Artisanal Fragrance
- Tweed, 2014 – Jean Jacques for Uér Mi
You can find more information about Synesthesia Project on the Contemporary Art Gallery Miguel Justino website.